
My mind is a street. That the sweepers don’t sweep. where the sleepers don’t sleep. And the wind howls so sweet. And they blacken their feet. And they feel such defeat. And all the streetlights are dimmed. And the rain just don't wash clean.
so unravel oh reckless mind.
what in this asperity will you find.
what is there to revel through?
just in need of an escape.
an exit plan so you will.
I'm torn in two so it seems.
between reality and my dreams
and where they rendezvous in my shaking mind.
leaving me unable to unwind.
too much left to do these days.
I'm overwhelmed, but not quite dismayed.
Let the change come.
Let the strangers become my acquaintances. let there unfamiliar faces become habitual.
so here's to the past. and here's to the present.
and tomorrow the future.
may he who created me know my path. the twist the turns the love the wrath. the envy. the jealousy. the patience. the giving. the regret. the doubt. the needs for my living.
provide for me a lighthouse beacon, to keep me from the wolves a creeping.
in and out of those shadows. oh God. just keep me in your willingness until I leave as dust.
put the right people there, give me the faith to trust. bring me down if you must.
He is greater than I.
and in all things. keep me. for my sake.
and this makes the least bit of sense.
Sometime & Always,
J.
No comments:
Post a Comment